Stocks To Watch: Adani Enterprises, Bharti Airtel, Future Retail, JSW Energy, Tata Consumer
Indian equities extended Monday's gains to close near their respective all-time highs as buying momentum was witnessed across the board. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 2.5% higher at 49,797. The index briefly traded above the mark of 50,000, coming within 30 points of its all-time high of 50,184, before some profit booking was witnessed at higher levels.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Tata Consumer Products: Has signed definitive agreements to acquire 100% equity shares of Kottaram Agro Foods, owner of the brand Soulfull. The transaction is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of FY2021. The cost of acquisition is Rs 155.8 crore. In addition, the promoters will be entitled to a contingent consideration, which is payable upon the business achieving certain operational and financial milestones over a period of 5 years.
- Future Retail: Delhi High Court has ordered status quo until the order on interim relief sought by Amazon is pronounced. Amazon had sought enforcement of the Emergency Arbitrator's order which had put on hold the transaction between Future Retail and Reliance Retail. The Future Retail has said that it will explore all legal remedies and take appropriate steps to pursue the scheme of arrangement.
- JSW Energy: The company has served a notice of Material Adverse Change to the Resolution Professional and the Committee of Creditors and terminated the Resolution Plan for the Corporate Insolvency of Ind-Barath Energy (Utkal) with immediate effect.
- Adani Enterprises: Has incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary namely, Azhiyur Vengalam Road, to carry out the development, maintenance and management of the project Six Laning of Azhiyur to Vengalam section of NH-17.
- V-Mart Retail: Has approved the closure of the QIP Issue and allocation of 15,30,612 shares at an issue price of Rs 2,450 per share including a premium of Rs 2,440 per share upon the closure of the issue.
- Endurance Technologies: The company’s new plant situated in Tamil Nadu has commenced commercial production. The plant will manufacture aluminium die-castings and carry out integration of disc brake components with control brake modulators.
- PNC lnfratech: The company's wholly owned subsidiary, PNC Unnao Highways, has received communication from National Highways Authority of India on confirming the achievement of Financial Closure for Unnao-Lalganj highway project on Hybrid Annuity Mode.
- BLS International Services: Has declared an interim dividend of Re 0.25 per share for the financial year 2020-21 and has fixed February 12, 2021 as record date.
- HIL: Has declared the payment of interim dividend of Rs 15 per share of face value of Rs 10 each for the financial year 2020-21 and has fixed February 12, 2021 as the record date.
- Nifty Earnings: Bharti Airtel
- Non-Nifty Earnings: Adani Enterprises, Adani Green Energy, Apollo Tyres, Aptech, Arvind Fashions, Astral Poly Technik, Adani Total Gas, Bajaj Consumer Care, Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances, City Union Bank, Deepak Fertilisers & Petrochemicals Corporation, Hawkins Cookers, Hindustan Copper, Indian Hotels, Inox Leisure, Jmc Projects (India), Jubilant FoodWorks, K.P.R. Mill, Minda Corporation, National Peroxide, Navkar Corporation, Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care, PNC Infratech, Prince Pipes and Fittings, Quick Heal Technologies, The Ramco Cements, Ramco Systems, Sequent Scientific, Sheela Foam, SIS, Solara Active Pharma Sciences, Transport Corporation Of India, Thermax, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, Venky's (India), V-Guard Industries, V.I.P.Industries.
Earnings Post Market Hours
Tata Consumer Products Q3FY20 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenues up 23% at Rs 3,069.56 crore vs Rs 2492.26 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 2,836.0 crore)
- Net profit up 25% at Rs 237.03 crore vs Rs 189.23 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 227.1 crore)
- EBITDA up 14% at Rs 361.33 crore vs Rs 317.43 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 393.6 crore)
- Margins at 11.8% versus 12.7% (Bloomberg Estimate: 13.9%)
- Packaged Beverages business recorded a 43% value growth and 10% volume growth
- Foods business registered a 19% value growth and 12% volume growth.
EPL Q3FY20 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 8% at Rs 767.1 crore vs Rs 710.9 crore
- Ebitda remains flat at Rs 158.5 crore vs Rs 157.9 crore
- Ebitda Margins at 20.7% vs 22.2%
- Net profit up 18% at Rs 70.9 crore vs Rs 60.1 crore
Neuland Laboratories Q3FY21 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue up 21% at Rs 245.4 crore Vs Rs 203.6 crore
- Net profit up 143% at Rs 26.7 crore Vs Rs 11 crore
- Ebitda up 65% at Rs 46.5 crore Vs Rs 28.1 crore
- Ebitda margin at 18.9% Vs 13.8%
- Unit 3 has started commercial production and currently shipping 2 APIs from this facility
- Expect Unit 3 to be a major growth driver going forward
Ajanta Pharma Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 15% at Rs 748.7 crore Vs Rs 651.2 crore
- Net profit up 64% at Rs 176.6 crore Vs Rs 107.5 crore
- Ebitda up 30% at Rs 241.6 crore Vs Rs 186 crore
- Ebitda margin at 32.3% Vs 28.6%
- India business revenue up 13% at Rs 220 crore Vs Rs 195 crore
- EM branded generic sales up 19% at Rs 286 crore Vs Rs 240 crore
- U.S. Generic sales flat at Rs 161 crore Vs Rs 159 crore
- Africa sales up 58% at Rs 77 crore Vs Rs 49 crore
Pledge Share Details
- Jindal Stainless: Promoters (JSL and Virtuous Tradecorp) created pledge of 1.38 crore shares on January 29.
- Ajanta Pharma: Promoter Ravi P Agrawal revoked pledge of 5,000 shares on February 1.
- Aurobindo Pharma: Promoter (RPR Sons Advisors, P.Suneela Rani) created pledge of 90 lakh shares on February 1. As Reported On February 2.
- Indigo Paints: India Acorn ICAV bought 5.38 lakh shares at Rs 2,719.79 per share. Nomura India Investment Fund bought 5.30 lakh shares at Rs 2,601.54 per share. AL Mehwar Commercial Investments LLC bought 4.13 lakh shares at Rs 2,774.47 per share. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority bought 6.41 lakh shares at Rs 2,730.29 per share. Edelweiss Finance And Investments sold 3.50 lakh shares at Rs 2,613 per share.
- PVR: Societe Generale bought 10.01 lakh shares (1.82%) at Rs 1,519.52 per share. Multiples Private Equity Fund sold 3.01 lakh shares (0.55%) at Rs 1,517.54 per share. Multiples Private Equity Fund I sold 8.78 lakh shares (1.59%) at Rs 1,517.91 per share.
- Ex-Date Interim Dividend: Wendt (India), Kewal Kiran Clothing, Menon Bearings, Bella Casa Fashion & Retail
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Sundaram Finance, Sagar Cements, Kajaria Ceramics
- Ex-Date Bonus Issue: KNR Constructions
- Move Into ASM Framework: NIIT, AGC Networks