Six Out Of 10 Most Valued Firms Add Rs 1.08 Lakh Crore In Market Cap
Six of the top-10 most valued Indian companies together added Rs 1,08,274.79 crore in market valuation last week, with Reliance Industries Ltd. becoming the star performer.
Other gainers included Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd., Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd., Infosys Ltd. and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., while Hindustan Unilever Ltd., ITC Ltd., State Bank Of India and ICICI Bank Ltd. suffered losses in their market valuation for the trading week ended Friday.
- RIL's market valuation surged Rs 53,918.87 crore to Rs 7,49,829.58 crore
- TCS’ market valuation zoomed Rs 21,932.69 crore to Rs 7,13,103.19 crore.
- Infosys added Rs 20,663.7 crore to Rs 3,19,348.16 crore in its m-cap.
- HDFC Bank jumped Rs 5,180.65 crore to Rs 5,79,580.13 crore, while HDFC gained Rs 3,507.73 crore to Rs 3,45,278.43 crore.
- Market valuation of Kotak Mahindra Bank's m-cap rose by Rs 3071.15 crore to Rs 2,36,029.97 crore.
In contrast, SBI's valuation slumped Rs 6,559.58 crore to Rs 2,63,453.82 crore.
The m-cap of HUL tanked Rs 5,335.86 crore to Rs 3,77,449.84 crore and that of ITC tumbled Rs 5,266.17 crore to Rs 3,56,507.73 crore. ICICI Bank's valuation went down by Rs 4,274.17 crore to Rs 2,39,547.97 crore.
In terms of ranking of top-10 firms, RIL was at the pole position followed by TCS, HDFC Bank, HUL, ITC, HDFC, Infosys, SBI, ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Over the last week, the BSE key index gained 1 percent to end at 36,386.61 on Friday.