September Auto Sales: Tata Motors’ Sales Dip 50%; TVS Sales Fall 25.5%
Royal Enfield Sales Fall 17%
The sales of Royal Enfield motorbike, which is made by Eicher Motors Ltd. fell 17 percent to 59,500 units in September from 71,662 units in the same period a year ago.
- Sales of models with engine capacity up to 350cc fell 23 percent to 52,017 units.
- Sales of models with engine capacity over 350cc rose 83 percent to 7,483 units.
- Exports shot up 191 percent to 4,642 units.
Tata Motors' Sales Dip 50% In September
Tata Motors Ltd. on Tuesday reported a 50 percent decline in its domestic sales to 32,376 units in September 2019. It had sold 64,598 units in the same period last year.
Key Sales Highlights (YoY)
- Sales in the passenger vehicles segment were down 56 percent at 8,097 units last month as against 18,429 in September 2018.
- Sales in the commercial vehicle segment fell 45.4 percent to 28,079 units. It had declined 45 percent at 21,824 units in August.
- Towards the end of the month, there was an encouraging response in terms of customer footfalls. However, the industry continued to decline in September, said Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors.
TVS Sales Fall 25.5%
TVS Motor Company Ltd.'s sales fell 25.5 percent to 3,15,912 units in September 2019 as against sales of 4,23,939 units in the month of September 2018. The company's August sales had declined over 15 percent to 2.9 lakh units, according to its exchange notification.
Key Sales Highlights (YoY)
- Total two-wheeler registered sales dropped 26.72 percent to 300,909 units in September 2019 as against sales of 4,10,657 units in the same period last year.
- Three-wheeler sales of the company grew by 13 percent to 15,003 units registered in the period.
- Total exports grew by 17 percent to 71,569 units in September.
- Two-wheeler exports grew by 17 percent to 57,746 units.
Eicher-Volvo Sales Declines 43%
Eicher Motors Ltd.'s total sales under the VECV business fell 43.2 percent to 3,784 units in September, according to the exchange filing. That's higher than the 3,538 units sold in August.
Total domestic sales fell 44.8 percent to 3,140 units while total exports fell 41 percent to 533 units.
Escorts Tractor Sales Rise 2%
Escorts Ltd.sold 10,855 tractors registering a growth of 2.2 percent against those sold in September 2018, according to its exchange filing. That’s also higher than the 40,35 tractors sold in August.
Domestic tractor sales rose 1.2 percent to 10,521 units while exports grew 51 percent to 334 units.
The company’s shares rose 2.2 percent to 594 apiece after the announcement on the exchanges.