Number of Dead in California Camp Fire Up to 84: Cal Fire Data
(Bloomberg) -- The number of fatalities from California’s Camp Fire, one of the deadliest wildfires in U.S. history, totaled 84 as of 7:14 a.m. local time versus 83 a day earlier, according to the Cal Fire firefighting agency.
- Cal Fire also reported the blaze has destroyed 13,954 residences, 514 commercial and 4,265 other buildings.
- For more information, see Cal Fire Incident Information
Following is a list of the deadliest U.S. wildfires:
- Peshtigo, Wisconsin, Oct. 8, 1871 - At least 1,200 dead
- Cloquet-Mooselake, Minnesota, Oct. 12, 1918 - 453 dead
- Hinckley, Minnesota, Sept. 1, 1894 - More than 400 dead
- Thumb Fire, Michigan, September 1881 - At least 125 dead
- Idaho, Montana, Washington, August 1910 - 87 dead, including 78 firefighters
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.