November Auto Sales Live Updates: Hero MotoCorp Continues Run Of Strong Sales, Tata Motors Sales Rise 26%
Hero MotoCorp Sales Rise 14.4% In November
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. reported a 14% year-on-year growth in sales with the two-wheeler maker selling 5.91 lakh units in November.
- Motorcycle sales rose 12.9% to 5.41 lakh units.
- Scooter sales rose 32.9% to 49,654 units.
“The company has been continuously ramping up supply and production across its manufacturing units to cater to the increased demand,” it said in a media statement. “Hero MotoCorp believes that the growth in personal mobility post Covid-19 restrictions will further strengthen the demand for two-wheelers.”
Tata Motors Sales Rise 26% Led By Passenger Vehicles
Tata Motors Ltd. reported a 26% rise in domestic sales in November as passenger vehicle deliveries more than doubled.
The automaker sold 47,859 vehicles in November compared to 38,057 in the same month last year, according to its stock exchange filing.
- Passenger vehicle sales rose 108% over last year to 21,641 units.
- Commercial vehicle sales fell 9% to 27,982 units.
TVS Motor Reports Sales Growth, Exports Hindered
TVS Motor witnessed an overall sales growth of 21% at 3,22,709 units in November. Exports, however, were adversely affected due to unavailability of containers due to cyclone Nivar, the company said in a statement to the exchanges.
- Two-wheeler sales up 25% at 3,11,519 units
- Exports flat at 74,074 units
- Three-wheeler sales down 35% at 11,190 units
M&M: Strong Passenger Vehicle Sales, Farm Equipment Sales Soar
Mahindra & Mahindra witnessed 24% growth in overall passenger vehicle sales at 18,212 units in November. Farm equipment sales jumped 56% at 32,726 units.
"Witnessed double-digit growth in pick-ups while small commercial vehicle brands continue to see strong demand in rural and urban markets,” The company said in an exchange filing. Demand for farm equipment remains robust, rural sentiment remains positive, it said.
Passenger Vehicle Sales Highlights:
- Overall Commercial Vehicle sales down 4.5% at 22,883 units
- Overall exports down 38% to 1,636 units.
Farm Equipment Sales Highlights:
- Domestic sales up 55% at 31,619 units
- Exports up 79% at 1,107 units
Ashok Leyland: Light Commercial Vehicle Sales Jump
Ashok Leyland Ltd. reported 5% increase in total commercial vehicle sales in November.
The Hinduja group firm sold 10,659 units last month compared to 10,175 units in November 2019, according to an exchange filing.
- Domestic sales increased 4% year-on-year to 9,727 units.
- Total heavy and medium commercial vehicle sales fell 14% to 5,114 units.
- Light commercial vehicles sales jumped 32% to 5,545 units.