March Auto Sales: Hero MotoCorp’s Sales Surge, Bajaj Auto’s Falls Over February
Suzuki Motorcycles Sales Falls 2.4% Over February
Suzuki Motorcycles, the two-wheeler subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan reported a fall of 2.4% in overall sales to 69,942 units in March over last month. The two-wheeler maker had sold a total of 71,662 units last month.
Year-on-Year, the sales rose 72% on a low base last year.
Bajaj Auto Sells 3.69 Lakh Units In March
Two-wheeler maker, Bajaj Auto Ltd sold a total of 3,69,448 units in March, that's a fall of 1.5% over last month's sale of 3,75,017 units. Year-on-Year, the sales rose 52% on a low base due to covid disruption and BS6 transition last year.
Sales snapshot (Y-o-Y)
- Total domestic sales nearly doubled to 1,81,393 units in March.
- Total exports rose 32% to 1,48,740 units in March.
- Total commercial vehicle sales rose 24% to 39,315 units in March.
Honda Motorcycle's Sales Fall 7% Over February
India's second largest two-wheeler maker, Honda Motorcycle and scooter India ltd, saw its total sales rose by 57% to 411,037 units in March, up from 261,699 units a year ago on a low base due to BS6 transition and Covid disruption. Month-on-Month, the total two-wheeler sales however fell 7%.
HMSI's domestic sales rose to 395,037 units from 245,716 units last year.
TVS Motor Company sells 3.2 Lakh Units In March
TVS Motor Company reported a 8.3% increase in total sales to 322,683 units in March, over last month.
The Chennai-based two and three-wheeler maker had sold a total of 297,747 units in February. Year-on-Year, sales rose 123% on a low base due to Covid-19 disruption and BS6 transition last year.
Other Highlights (Y-o-Y)
- The total two-wheeler sales during the month stood at 307,437 units as against 133,988 units last year.
- The domestic two-wheeler sales stood at 202,155 units last month, compared to 34,131 units sold during the same period last year, as per the filings made by the company.
- Total exports stood at to 119,422 units in March, up from 50,197 units last year.
- Motorcycles sales jumped to 157,294 units in March from 66,673 units last year.
- Scooter sales rose nearly three times to 104,513 units in March
- Three-wheeler sale rose 42% to 15,246 units in March, as against 10,751 units last year.
Hero MotoCorp Sells 5.77 Lakh Units In March
India's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp Ltd. sold 576,957 units in March, the company said in an exchange filing.
Hero MotoCorp's sales rose 72% over the year earlier on a low base due to covid disruption and BS6 transition last year. Month-on-Month sales however rose 14% from 505,467 units in February.
"While the coronavirus pandemic continues to impact the global auto industry, we are witnessing strong preference for the wide range of motorcycles and scooters – including the premium motorcycles Xpulse and Hunk 160R - across markets, especially in Latin America.” Sanjay Bhan, Head – Global Business, Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
Sales Snapshot (Y-o-Y) -
- Motorcycle sales rose to 524,608 units from 305,932 units last year.
- Scooter sales nearly doubled to 52349 units in March.