India’s Wholesale Price Inflation Rises To The Highest In Nine Months
India’s wholesale inflation jumped to the highest since February as prices of manufactured products increased.
Inflation as measured by the wholesale price index rose to 1.55% in November from 1.48% in the previous month, according to data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Primary articles inflation stood at 2.72% in November against 4.74% in October.
- Prices of food articles stood at 3.94% compared with 6.37% in the previous month.
- The index of non-food articles stood at 8.43% against 2.85% last month.
- Fuel and power index contracted 9.87% against a fall of 10.95% in October.
- Manufactured products inflation rose 2.97% in November compared with an increase of 2.12% in October.