Deutsche Boerse’s Xetra Open Delayed Due to Technical Glitch
(Bloomberg) -- Deutsche Boerse faced technical issues on Monday that delayed the market opening on the company’s main stock exchange Xetra by more than an hour. This is the second time the exchange provider was unable to ensure a timely opening this year.
- Reason for the delay was a technical problem with the internal communication protocol of the Xetra T7 system, a spokesman for the company said by email
- Xetra stock trading began 10:10am CET after an opening auction at 10am, Deutsche Boerse said earlier on its website
- Exchange provider declined to comment on any arrangements to prevent trading delays in the future
- NOTE: On March 16, equity and derivatives trading was delayed on the day of Siemens Healthineers’ AG market debut.
- “This is super annoying,” said Andre Koppers, portfolio manager at Oberbanscheidt & Cie. “Given that so much money is involved, it should not happen, and especially two times in such a short period”
- Other exchanges like Deutsche Boerse’s Tradegate and Stuttgart weren’t affected and opened as usual
- DAX futures on Eurex were trading as normal; Eurex had issues earlier in the morning
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.