Modi At Bloomberg Global Business Forum Live: Prime Minister Tells Now Is A ‘Golden Opportunity’ To Do Business With India
Watch: Modi At Bloomberg Global Business Forum
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a crowd of world leaders and top corporate executives talking about India’s prospect as a global business destination, climate change and how he plans to make the country a $5 trillion economy.
Here are other highlights of what Modi said:
- Corporate tax rate cuts are just the beginning of reform and "a lot" is yet to come.
- Climate change is a huge concern and India can become a model for the world to follow.
- The key to making India a $5 trillion economy is to linking its rules and laws to global standards.
- The government is working towards making sure that India utilises its demographic capital.
- Even with automation, there are ways to create jobs.
- Disaster resilience will soon become a huge market.
Watch the event here.
Social Media Important For A Democracy: PM Modi
Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi said that social media is a very powerful instrument for democracy but it is being used to spread negative propaganda.
- Mainstream media should focus on programming that busts fake news.
- Social media can provide information from the ground that's required for good governance.
- Social media can be an important weapon for good governance.
Modi Says Disaster Resilience Will Become A Huge Market
We’ve noticed that because of climate change recently, every time we hear about these disasters due to climate change, I think in that kind of a situation, we need to focus on disaster-resistant infrastructure. I think that this is going to become a very big market, it’s going to contribute to very large economic activity.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Automation Too Is An Opportunity For Job Creation: Modi
Even if the is moving towards automation, there are possibilities of new job creation. We have to visualise those jobs and update our syllabi according to that is what we are doing.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Modi On India's Demographic Capital
India’s biggest advantage is that we have young talent. We want to develop human resources. Soon the focus will move from your degrees to your skills. Your ability will become important. That’s why in India, in every level, we are focussing on skill development keeping in mind the needs of a global workforce.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Global Benchmarking Key To Reaching $5 Trillion Economy: PM Modi
We are in an interdependent era. We have to go ahead with global benchmarking. So my first job is to link our laws, rules and governance to a global benchmark. So that even the world finds it easy (to invest) and there is trust. We are making initiatives for that.Prime Minister Narendra Modi