Bajaj Auto Sales Fall For The First Time In Two Years In July
Bajaj Auto Ltd. on Thursday reported its first fall in total sales in two years.
Bajaj Auto’s sales, including two-wheelers and three-wheelers, fell 5 percent to 3,81,530 units in July. The company had sold 4,00,343 units in the same month a year ago.
Domestic sales stood at 2,05,470 units as against 2,37,511 units a year ago, down 13 percent, the Pune-based firm said in a statement.
Total motorcycle sales in July fell 3 percent to 3,22,210 units from 3,32,680 units in the year-ago period. Total commercial vehicle sales were at 59,320 units as against 67,663 units in the same month last year, down 12 percent.
Bajaj Auto’s total exports, however, were up 8 percent in July—1,76,060 units against 1,62,832 units in the corresponding month last year.
Bajaj Auto Sales In July: Key Highlights (YoY)
- Domestic motorcycle sales fell 15 percent to 1.71 lakh units
- Motorcycle exports rose 15 percent to 1.51 lakh units
- Total motorcycle sales fell 3 percent 3.22 lakh units
- Domestic commercial vehicles sales declined 4 percent to 34,492 units
- Commercial vehicles’ exports fell 21 percent to 24,828 units
- Total domestic sales declined 13 percent to 2.05 lakh units
- Total exports rose 8 percent to 1.76 lakh units