August Auto Sales: Bajaj Auto Declines 11%; Ashok Leyland Drops 47%
TVS Motor Sales Drop Over 15%
TVS Motor’s August sales declined over 15 percent to 2.9 lakh units, according to its exchange notification.
The shares snapped its three-day fall and rose 1.5 percent intraday to Rs 358.10 each after the sales update.
Key Highlights (YoY)
- Two-wheeler sales fell 16.4 percent to 2.75 lakh units. Motorcycle sales fell nearly 17 percent to 1.09 lakh units.
- Exports rose 6 percent to 69,702 units.
- Three-wheeler sales rose 11 percent to 14,604 units.
Ashok Leyland Falls After Domestic Sales Drop 50%
Ashok Leyland Ltd.’s domestic sales fell 50 percent to 8,296 units in August, according to its stock exchange filing.
Key Sales Highlights (YoY)
* Domestic medium and heavy commercial bus sales fell 3 percent to 1,249 units.
* Total domestic medium and heavy commercial vehicle sales declined 63 percent to 4,585 units.
* Domestic light commercial vehicle sales fell 12 percent to 3,711 units.
Sales Including Exports (YoY)
* Total medium and heavy commercial truck sales fell 70 percent to 3,550 units.
* Total medium and heavy commercial bus sales rose 25 percent to 1,799 units.
* Total medium and heavy commercial vehicle sales fell 59 percent to 5,349 units.
* Total light commercial vehicle sales fell 8 percent to 3,882 units.
* Total sales fell 47 percent to 9,231 units.
Shares of the truck and bus maker traded 2.7 percent lower at Rs 62.70 after the announcement. The stock had declined 4.1 percent intraday.
Bajaj Auto Sales Decline 11%; Shares Fluctuate
Bajaj Auto Ltd. sold 3.9 lakh units in August, a fall of 11 percent from the year ago month, the Pune-based automaker said in a stock exchange filing.
- Domestic motorcycles sales fell 21 percent to 1.73 lakh units.
- Motorcycles exports fell 5 percent to 1.25 lakh units.
- Total motorcycle sales fell 10 percent 3.25 lakh units.
- Domestic commercial vehicles sales declined 6 percent to 35,085 units.
- Commercial vehicles’ exports fell 20 percent to 29,641 units.
- Total commercial vehicle sales fell 13 percent to 64,726 units.
- Total domestic sales fell 19 percent to 2.08 lakh units.
- Total exports were flat at 1.81 lakh units.
Shares of Bajaj Auto fluctuated between gains and losses to trade flat at Rs 2,787 after the announcement.
Escorts Sales Drop Over 16%
Escorts Ltd. sold 4,035 tractors in August, a decline of 16.1 percent from the same month last year, according to its exchange filing.
Key Highlights (YoY):
- Domestic sales fell 19.5 percent to 3,763 units.
- Export sales nearly doubled to 272 units.
Eicher Motors Sales Slump 24%
Royal Enfield-maker Eicher Motors Ltd. saw monthly sales in July decline 24 percent to 52,904 units.
- Sales of models with engine capacity up to 350cc fell 32 percent to 44,694 units.
- Sales of models with engine capacity over 350cc more than doubled to 8,210 units.
- Exports shot up 205 percent to 4,152 units.