Advertising Spend To Grow 14% This Year, Says GroupM
The Indian advertising market is expected to grow at a faster pace this year, driven by the Cricket World Cup and general election.
The world’s fastest-growing advertising market is estimated to grow at 14 percent to Rs 80,678 crore in 2019, GroupM, an investment group of WPP, said in its report ‘This Year Next Year’.
Fast-moving consumer goods, auto, retail, e-commerce and telecom will contribute nearly two-thirds to the advertising expenditure, the global media agency said.
“This year, 37 percent of incremental advertising spends will go towards digital advertising, including mobile,” the media statement said, quoting Chief Executive Officer (South Asia) Sam Singh as saying.
GroupM estimates the digital advertising expenditure to continue to grow at 30 percent this year to Rs 16,038 crore.
- Advertising spends towards the television medium is expected to grow at 15 percent, slower than last year’s rate of 20 percent.
- Print is expected to grow at 2 percent, higher than last year’s growth rate of 1 percent.
- Outdoor advertising, radio and advertising at cinema halls are expected to witness higher growth rates this year compared to 2018.
- Advertising spends grew at 15 percent last year.
- The industry grew at an annualised rate of 13 percent for the last five years.
- The growth rate of digital advertising spends remains the same as that of 2018.
Watch the entire conversation here: