Stocks To Watch: Delta Corp, Indiabulls Housing, Lakshmi Vilas Bank, NIIT Tech, Tata Steel
Asian stocks kicked off the week in mixed fashion after U.S. equities neared all-time highs Friday on positive signs from the American labour market.
Shares in South Korea and Australia saw modest gains, while Japanese equities fluctuated. S&P 500 Index futures were little changed after the benchmark rounded out last week with gains that took it to a six-month high, approaching its September record.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fluctuated between gains and losses to trade a little changed at 11,775.50 as of 7:30 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of the article!
Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Torrent Pharma : The U.S. FDA issued certain observations for Dahej unit during March Audit. The have received observations which are procedural in nature and are confident of addressing them satisfactorily.
- Zydus Cadila: Received the tentative approval from the U.S. FDA to market Tofacitinib bTablets—a drug used to treat moderate to severe forms of rheumatoid arthritis
- NIIT Tech: Company said it will acquire Whishworks IT Consulting for Rs 287 crore. It will acquire 52.67 percent at first while the remaining will be acquired over the next two years. It will also sell its entire 89 percent stake in ESRI India Technologies for Rs 90 crore.
- NIIT Tech and NIIT: Baring Private Equity Asia to acquire 30 percent stake in NIIT Technologies from NIIT Ltd. and other promoter entities at Rs 1,394 per share. Baring to make an open offer to acquire 26 percent stake from public shareholders of NIIT Tech at Rs 1394. NIIT Ltd. which has a market cap of Rs 1597 crore, will get Rs 2,020 crore from Baring for its stake in NIIT Tech.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank:The board of The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd. has approved a scheme of amalgamation with Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd., the two entities said in separate notifications to stock exchanges on Friday. For every one share of Rs 10 each, shareholders of Lakshmi Vilas Bank will receive 0.14 equity share of Rs 2 each of Indiabulls Housing Finance, the bank said in its filing. Indiabulls Housing Finance board appointed former RBI Deputy Governor SS Mundra as head of re-organization committee to complete merger with Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
- HDFC Q4 Update: Loans assigned at Rs 2,418 crore versus nil, on a year on year basis. The income from dividend was up 62 percent at Rs 537 crore versus Rs 332 crore. Profit on sale of investment in subsidiaries was up 15 percent at Rs 314 crore versus Rs 272 crore.
- HDFC Bank Q4 Update: Advances up 24 percent at Rs 8,19,500 crore versus Rs 6,58,300 crore, on a yearly basis. Deposits up 17 percent at Rs 9,23,000 crore vs Rs 7,88,800 crore.CASA ratio was at 42 percent versus 43.5 percent year-on-year. The Bank has purchased loans aggregating to Rs 1,924 crore through direct assignment route under the home loan arrangement with HDFC.
- CCI approved the acquisition of up to 66.15 percent of total equity shareholding of Mindtree on a fully diluted basis by L&T.
- IDBI Bank said that one of its union ‘IDBI Bank Officer’s Association’ proposes to go on strike from April 8-12 followed by an indefinite strike.
- Texmaco Rail & Engineering: NCLT gave the approval for amalgamation of Texmaco Hitech. Bright Power projects with the company.
- Bank of Baroda said that due to amalgamation of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with self, the stake of Government of India has increased by 2.11 percent to 65.37 percent.
- Setco Automotive: Board said it will consider offer by Lingotes Especiales for sale of its entire stake in company’s arm on April 10.
- GE Power India: Andrew H DeLeone resigned from the post MD with effect from April 5. Prashant Jain to replace him for a period of three years with effect from April 17.
- Infosys opened a new office in Switzerland to provide digital solutions to its customers in the turbomachinery and propulsion industry.
- Bank of Maharashtra reduced its MCLR by 5 basis points across various tenors. One-year MCLR at 8.7 percent and 1 Month MCLR at 8.25 percent.
- RBL Bank to consider raising funds on April 18.
- JSW Steel: Fitch Ratings assigned ‘BB(EXP)‘ ratings to company’s proposed issue of the U.S. dollar senior unsecured notes, while Moody’s has assigned ‘Ba2’ for the same issue. The company said that the terms of this notes will be decided on April 10 or on a later date.
- HG Infra-Engineering incorporated a new SPV to undertake HAM project in Haryana worth Rs 952.1 crore.
- NBCC appointed Shiv Das Meena as the CMD of the company with effect from April.
- Vishal Fabrics: Mahesh Chandra Kawat resigned as the CFO with effect from April 5.
- Sagar Cements: Consolidated sales for March up 7.76 percent at 336,341MT. Consolidated yearly sales were up 22.44 percent at 33,22,956MT.
- IL&FS Investment managers clarified that it had not filed a case against Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police.
- Garware Polyester appointed Parag Doshi as the CFO with effect from April 5.
- India Infrastructure Trust to consider and declare distribution of dividend on April 6.
- Vanta Bioscience arm signed a non-exclusive service agreement with Emcure Pharma till 2022 for Rs 29 crores. (Alert: company has a market cap of Rs 116 crores).
- JK Tyres: promoter pledged 4 crore equity shares (16.24 percent) stake as security for loan.
- Future Consumer: IFC and Verlinvest SA to invest Rs 210 crore and Rs 70 crore in the company by subscribing to compulsorily convertible debentures. Promoters to invest Rs 70 crore by issuing to warrants. These instruments will be converted into equity shares within 18 months at a value of Rs 45 per share. The company will also acquire personal care portfolio of Athena Life Sciences Ltd. for an equity consideration. This acquisition enables FCL to expand its portfolio in high margin categories of skin & hair care.
- Metropolis Healthcare received a demand of 5.83 times the share offered.
- Polycab India IPO gets 71 percent demand on first day sale, offer closes on April 9.
Earnings To Watch
- Delta Corp
Tata Steel Q4 Update
- Tata Steel India production at 4.47 mt versus 3.07 mt.
- Tata Steel Europe production at 2.73 mt versus 2.63 mt .
- Tata Steel SE Asia production 0.50 mt versus 0.56 mt .
- Tata Steel India sales 4.73 mt versus 3.03 mt.
- Tata Steel Europe sales 2.55 mt versus 2.55 mt.
- Tata Steel SE Asia sales 0.59 mt versus 0.62 mt.
- India ops achieved the highest ever Crude Steel production in fourth quarter of financial year 2019.
- Better plant availability across the locations drives output .
- Ramp up also seen at Tata Steel's BSL unit (Bhushan Steel).
- Europe operations improved with better plant availability.
- South East Asia ops impacted due to maintenance shutdowns at NatSteel.
- Adlabs Entertainment: India Advantage Fund sold 10.3 lakh shares or 1.17 percent equity at Rs 10.37 each.
Solara Active Pharma Sciences
- CVR Enterprise LLP acquired 3.06 lakh shares or 1.19 percent equity at Rs 425 each.
- Norges Bank sold 3.29 lakh shares or 1.28 percent equity at Rs 425.04 each.
Pledge Share Details
- JSW Steel promoter group Danta Enterprises created pledge of 3.7 lakh shares on April 2.
- Max Financial Services promoter group Max Ventures Investment Holdings revoked pledge of 1 lakh shares on April 2.
- Sun Pharma promoter group Shanghvi Finance revoked pledge of 43.75 lakh shares on April 3.
- Jindal Steel & Power promoter group Danta Enterprises created pledge of 8.85 lakh shares on April 2.
- Jubilant Foodworks promoter Jubilant Consumer revoked pledge of 4.58 lakh shares on April 3.
- MEP Infra Developers promoter group Sudha Mhaiskar revoked pledge of 23.5 lakh shares on April 4.
- Infibeam Avenues promoter and director O3 Developers created a pledge of 26.06 lakh shares on April 2.
- Poddar Housing and Development to move into short term ASM Framework.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Tata Motors to meet JP Morgan, CLSA and other investors from April 8-11.
- Phoenix Mills to meet CLSA from April 8-9.
- Eris Lifesciences to meet Nepean Capital LLP on April 8.
Money Market Update
- The rupee on Friday weakened for the second straight day to close at 69.23/$ versus Thursday’s closing of 69.16/$.
- Nifty open interest up 2 percent, adds 3.7 lakh shares in open interest.
- Bank Nifty open interest down 1 percent, sheds 26,000 shares in open interest.
- Nifty futures premium at 94.8 points versus 82 points, closed trading at 11,760.7.
- Bank Nifty futures premium at 231.9 points , closed trading at 30,316,5.
- Nifty at 1.61 versus 1.21.
Nifty Weekly Options Expiry (April 11)
- Max open interest at 11,600 Put (19 lakh shares) and 11,700 Call (10.8 lakh shares).
- Max open interest addition seen at 11,600 Put, adds 14 lakh shares in open interest.
Nifty Monthly Options Expiry
- Max open interest at 11000 Put (26.4 lakh shares) and 12,000 Call (23.3 lakh shares).
- Max open interest addition seen at 11,600 Put (+34.7 lakh shares) & 11,700 Put (+20.3 lakh shares).
- Shedding seen at 12,500 and 12,000 Call strikes.
Stocks In F&O Ban
- Adani Power
- Dewan Housing
- Jet Airways
- Reliance Power
New In Ban:
- Dewan Housing
On Indiabulls Housing-Lakshmi Vilas Bank Merger
- Indiabulls to acquire LVB and seek bank license.
- Share swap ratio implies 35 percent premium to LVB’s market price.
- Promoters open to trim shareholding to 15 percent post merger.
- Merger may face regulatory hurdles; Not much upside for Indiabulls.
- Merged bank is likely to be weak.
- Non-housing book of Indiabulls is key for return ratios.
Macquarie on Indiabulls Housing Finance
- Maintained ‘Outperform’ with a price target of Rs 836.
- Odds are stacked against RBI approval
- In past RBI wielded considerable subjectivity allowed to it under the ‘fit & proper’ clause.
- Despite having persons with good credentials on its board, Indiabulls failed to get license earlier.