Banks Board Bureau Suggests Elevation Of 15 Executive Directors As PSU Bank MDs
The Banks Board Bureau, the advisory body for selection of candidates for top-level appointments, has recommended 15 executive directors to be elevated as managing directors at various public sector banks.
The panel headed by former Department of Personnel and Training Secretary B P Sharma recommended Anshula Kant, Deputy Managing Director and chief financial officer to be promoted as managing director in the State Bank of India, according to the BBB recommendations sent to the government, which was uploaded on BBB’s website.
The vacancy arose following the resignation of B Sriram from the bank. Sriram has joined IDBI Bank as MD and chief executive officer.
After completing the selection of executive directors last week, the Banks Board Bureau completed the process for identifying suitable candidates for the post of managing directors in nearly a dozen state-owned banks.
Other names approved by the panel are:
- Gopal Murli Bhagat- ED, Corporation Bank
- PV Bharathi-ED, Canara Bank
- M K Bhattacharya-ED, Indian Bank
- Padmaja Chunduru-Depuity MD, SBI
- Atul Kumar Goel-ED, Union Bank of India
- S Harisankar-ED Allahabad Bank
- Mrutyunjay Mahapatra- Deputy MD, SBI
- Pallav Mohapatra-Deputy MD, SBI
- C V Nageswar-Deputy MD, SBI
- Ashok Kumar Pradhan-ED United Bank of India
- J Packirisamy-Deputy MD, SBI
- A S Rajeev-ED, Indian Bank
- CH S S Mallikarjuna Rao-ED Syndicate Bank
- Karnam Sekar, Deputy MD, SBI
“These recommendations are based on interactions held by the Banks Board Bureau and are subject to various clearances,” BBB said.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take the final decision in this regard. There are already some vacancies at MD level and some would be created during the course of the year.
With PTI inputs.