A woman prepares food inside a home illuminated by a single light-emitting diode (LED) lamp. (Photographer: Anindito Mukherjee/Bloomberg)

Bajaj Electricals Expects Its Largest Segment To Grow 30% This Year

Bajaj Electricals Ltd. expects its engineering, procurement, and construction business to grow at 25-30 percent this year. And that's where the company's focus will remain, according to Chairman and Managing Director Shekhar Bajaj.

Bajaj expects the segment to grow on two rural electrification orders from Uttar Pradesh under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna worth over Rs 5,000 crore. The orders, which involve electrification of 35,000 villages, will be completed by December 2019, he said.

EPC is the largest segment of the company that contributed nearly 53 percent of its total revenue in the quarter ended March 2018. The consumer products segment, which brings in the remaining 47 percent of revenue, is expected to grow 15-20 percent in 2018-19, Bajaj said.

Watch the full conversation here: