Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. launched a refreshed version of its best-selling XUV 500 as it looks regain the tag of India’s No. 1 utility vehicle maker from Maruti Suzuki Ltd.
The new XUV 500 comes with more luxurious interiors and higher power and torque, the Anand Mahindra-led automaker said in statement.
Some of the key features include
- Soft-touch leather on dashboard and door-trims
- Quilted tan leather seats
- Industry-first smart watch connectivity
- New 6th generation electronically controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT)
- Industry-first connected apps and Ecosense technology
- Arkamys enhanced audio
- 45.72 cm (235/60 R18) diamond-cut alloy wheels
The revamped XUV 500 is priced at Rs 12.32 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai) for the base variant and will be available for sale across dealerships in India with immediate effect.
It [new XUV500] has been designed to meet the customer’s rising aspirations for more premium and luxurious offerings.”Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, M&M Ltd.
M&M has been facing tough competition from Maruti Suzuki. India’s largest carmaker sold more utility vehicles than M&M in the year ended March, riding on the sales of its Vitara Brezza compact SUV. That’s when about one in three passenger cars sold in India is a utility vehicle.
Shares of the automaker were trading 0.6 percent lower at Rs 804 apiece, snapping a three-day winning streak. It was also the second-worst performer in the NSE Nifty Auto Index.