Bitcoin's Chaos and Death to Democrats
(Bloomberg View) -- Happy irrational exuberance day! Enjoy it with our Tuesday morning train reads:
- This Could Be the Top ... buuuuuuut it might not be. (Irrelevant Investor); see also Dow rally peak? Don’t count out Dow 30,000 (USA Today)
- Investing Lessons from the Dude. “Or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.” (25iq)
- Will BlackRock and Vanguard Own Everything by 2028? (Bloomberg); see also Vanguard Begins Updating Its Investing Philosophy (Bloomberg View)
- The Early Stage Slump (AVC)
- Bitcoin Storms Wall Street (Barron’s); see also What the Hell Is Going On With Bitcoin? (the Atlantic)
- Social Security: Is it really in danger of collapse? (USA Today)
- Our fight against climate change is failing. One technology can change that. (Quartz); see also Wind Power Wins Converts in Rural U.S. (Wall Street Journal)
- Why the Internet Should Be a Public Utility (Eudaimonia and Co.)
- How New Yorkers Would Lose Under the Republican Tax Bill (New York Times); see also "Death to Democrats": How the GOP Tax Bill Whacks Liberal Tenets (Bloomberg)
- Top 25 News Photos of 2017 (the Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Economies of American States and Cities Are Diverging
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg View columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He blogs at the Big Picture and is the author of “Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy.”
For more columns from Bloomberg View, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/view.
©2017 Bloomberg L.P.